COVID 19 Our Offices
In response to the UK Government Guidance, and taking into account social distancing and workers working from home, Goddard Dunbar have taken the following steps to ensure that our clients and staff are safe whilst still providing friendly and efficient service levels.
- We offices are closed to visitors until 2 December 2020
- Our offices in Stoke and Crewe have staff working in the offices to ensure post is received and sent promptly and communications are kept to a high standard given the circumstances.
- Telephone lines are open 10am – 3pm Monday to Thursday and 10am to 2pm on Fridays. Outside of these hours please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible
- We are responding to emails and aim to reply within 4 working hours
- Our reduced telephone service opening hours are set to control the flow of calls thereby enabling our team to work on your case and others so we can conclude the matter for you as quickly as possible.
Providing clients are fully aware of the risks and restrictions involved due to COVID19, then subject to their instruction we will endeavour to complete their matter as soon as possible. We are currently exchanging contracts and completing on the same day to avoid our clients being in breach of contract through unforeseen COVID19 symptoms of either party. Your conveyancer will advice you should you wish to exchange and complete on different days.
Please be aware that completing on your house purchase or sale is often out of our hands. Some law firms have different policies in relation to COVID19 and the Government guidance, many are still working from home and often communication with them is slow.
When purchasing a property, local authority searches are taking an average of 55 days when under normal circumstances this would be 7 days. Matters such as this are out of our control. According to recent surveys the average time to completion is now 15 weeks compared to 6-8 weeks prior to the pandemic.
Probate & Administration
Our Bereavement Team are still working and helping clients and their families.
If you have suffered the loss of a loved one please call us.
We offer friendly free advice and reassurance.
As a result, if you would like us to act on your behalf in administering the estate of the deceased then we can provide a no obligation fixed fee quote for the work involved.
Experienced staff members, who are fully aware of the difficulties surrounding a bereavement, understand that loved ones often wish to talk about what they should be doing, without actioning anything at this time.
That’s fine, we are here to help.
Wills & Powers of Attorney
We are still able to provide a service to record instructions for Wills and Powers of Attorney.
Risk Assessments have been carried out, we do not offer face to face appointments in our offices, but telephone/video appointments can be made. Urgent home visits are available providing strict guidelines are followed to ensure the safety of our clients and staff. Please call us to discuss this further.
Clearly the COVID19 situation has given us challenges in many areas, most importantly we can overcome these issues and give you the Peace of Mind that you have these important documents in place.
Office Opening – currently closed during November
For Help and Advice Call Now on: 0800 018 4480