COVID 19 Our Offices
In response to the UK Government Guidance, and taking into account social distancing and workers working from home, Goddard Dunbar have taken the following steps.
- We are open for business
- Our offices in Stoke and Crewe have staff working in the office – we are no longer working from home
- Our Crewe Office is open to the public between 9am and 5pm
- Our Stoke Office reception remains closed but appointments can be made to see a member of our team between 10am and 4pm
- Telephones are being answered between 10am-2pm each day in both offices, but that will change on Monday 27 July 2020 to 9am-5pm. Answer machines are taking telephone messages outside these hours in both offices so please leave your name, number and a message and we’ll call you back ASAP. Our Stoke office telephones will switch to answer machine between 1pm-2pm to enable staff to take lunch.
- We are responding to emails as normal
Providing clients are fully aware of the risks and restrictions involved due to COVID19, then subject to their instruction we will endeavour to complete their matter as soon as possible. We are currently exchanging contracts and completing on the same day to avoid our clients being in breach of contract through unforeseen COVID19 symptoms of either party.
Please be aware that completing on your house purchase or sale is often out of our hands. Some law firms have different policies in relation to COVID19 and the Government guidance.
Many law firms still have staff working remotely and this means matters are often taking longer than usual due to slow communication channels in such law firms.
Probate & Administration
Our Bereavement Team are still working and helping clients and their families.
If you have suffered the loss of a loved one please call us.
We offer friendly free advice and reassurance.
As a result, if you would like us to act on your behalf in administering the estate of the deceased then we can provide a no obligation fixed fee quote for the work involved.
Experienced staff members, who are fully aware of the difficulties surrounding a bereavement, understand that loved ones often wish to talk about what they should be doing, without actioning anything at this time.
That’s fine, we are here to help.
Wills & Powers of Attorney
We are still able to provide a service to record instructions for Wills and Powers of Attorney.
Risk Assessments have been carried out, we can therefore offer appointments in the safety of our offices, by telephone or in the comfort of your home. Protective measures have been set up in our offices to ensure the safety of staff and clients alike. We have a protocol for home visits which again ensures the safety of both parties. Please call us to discuss this further.
Clearly the COVID19 situation has given us challenges in many areas, most importantly we can overcome these issues and give you the Peace of Mind that you have these important documents in place.
Our Crewe office is open as before 9am to 5pm. The Stoke Office reception will remain closed for the time being but you can make an appointment to see an adviser between 10am and 4pm.
For Help and Advice Call Now on: 0800 018 4480